Periscope Updated For iOS 9 Fixes Freezing, Orientation, Broadcasting Issues
Periscope, easily the most popular live streaming app, has been updated to support iOS 9.
Number of problems are fixed in this latest update. In the earlier Periscope app, however, periscopers experienced these issues on their iPhones / iPads:
- Live broadcasting freezes when you switch from front to rear camera (and vice versa).
- Plug in mic / headphone while live streaming and the app doesn’t respond.
- App is slow to even when you are connected to a reliable connection.
- Cannot reply or leave a comment during live broadcast.
- Video orientation issue – whenever you rotate while broadcasting, nothing ever happens.
Latest version of Periscope (version 1.2.1) released on September 22nd fixes most of these issues. In fact, it also features something new:
Whenever someone takes a screenshot during a broadcast, a screenshot icon will appear right alongside hearts in the broadcast. You’ll also see a convenient prompt to help you share the screenshot on Twitter.
-> Private Broadcasts with Mutuals:
When selecting people to invite to a private broadcast, you’ll now see a list of all your mutuals (people you follow who follow you back). With a single tap, you can select to invite everyone on the list.
Latest bugs fixed:
-> Fixed a bug causing orientation to get out of sync if the broadcaster changed rotation while the video was still loading.
-> Fixed the “zero gravity” bug where, as a broadcaster, you could get your video to appear upside down.
With 14.4 MB in size, Periscope can be downloaded for free from the App Store on your iPhone / iPad… and if you haven’ed the app yet, check your Updates tab, or follow this iTunes link: