How To Watch Apple Music Festival Online [Live or Highlights]
The best music festival of 2015 is here.
Yes, we are talking about the Apple Music Festival held at the Roundhouse in London. If you missed out on the first few days, like we did, not to worry – as you can always watch the highlights of the performance – that too in high-quality.
And now, as we have many more ear-smoothing music days ahead, you can also watch the Music Festival live. And they are all free. Before we go any further, here are the list of artists performing for the epic Apple Music Festival:
– September 19: Ellie Goulding
– September 20: Take That
– September 21: Carrie Underwood
– September 22: One Direction
– September 23: The Weeknd
– September 24: The Chemical Brothers
– September 25: Disclosure
– September 26: Pharrell Williams
– September 27: Mumford & Sons
– September 28: Florence + The Machine
To watch Apple Music Festival online, you have three choices:
- Use iPhone / iPad
- Use Apple TV
- Use a computer or laptop with iTunes installed
Here are the steps in detail:
Method 1: Watch Apple Music Festival From iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch
Steps To Follow: Apple recommends you to launch the Music app to start streaming Apple Music Festival on your iOS devices. However, if you can’t find it within the app, then we recommend you to try our browser method which is as follows:
From your iOS device, launch the Safari browser and type: apple.co/festival2015
This will automatically redirect you to Music app where you can watch the full show LIVE and even the highlights in HD.
Requirements: Your iPhone / iPad should run on at least iOS 8.4 firmware (currently, iOS 9.0 is the latest version).
Method 2: Watch Apple Music Festival From Apple TV
Steps To Follow: Just use your Apple TV as you normally would. Select “Apple Music Festival” to start streaming the festival live from the comfort of your home.
Requirements: You should have a second or third generation Apple TV with software version 6.0.2 or higher.
Method 3: Watch Apple Music Festival From iTunes on Windows / Mac Computer
Steps To Follow: Launch the iTunes player on your computer or laptop. Then head over to the “New” tab to find video footage and live streaming (if available).
Alternately, you can click the link below – which pops up a window asking you to connect to the iTunes player. It will directly take you to the Apple Music Festival page:
Requirement: You should have iTunes 12.2 or higher version installed on your computer.
- Apple Music Festival works only on Apple devices. If you have an Android smartphone or tablet, the only way to watch Apple Music Festival is to use Method #3 – wherein you can borrow a computer or laptop and watch via iTunes.
- If you are using iPhone or iPad, remember to turn ON or limit your cellular data usage. As these are high-quality videos, your device – if you are using 3G/4G LTE – will consume a lot of bandwidth quickly. So turn OFF cellular data (go to Settings -> Cellular / Mobile Data) or connect to a WiFi.
- If the live videos are slow or lags, then you need to connect to a faster Internet. We recommend at least 4 Mbps of speed to experience a lag-free Apple Music festival.
- Apple has updated iTunes to iTunes 12.3 version (link here) and this streams Apple Music Festival without any problems. iTunes 12.3 is available only on Windows 7, 8, 10 and Mac (doesn’t matter if you are using MacBook Pro, Air, or iMac).
- From what we understand, Windows XP and Vista users have iTunes 12.1.3 version – which is why they cannot use iTunes to access the live streaming videos.
- Video highlights can be watched following any one of the 3 methods mentioned above – just scroll through the Apple Music Festival page and you will find links to see older recorded videos and highlights.
- As these are high-quality videos, plug in your headphones or genuine Apple earphones for maximum fun. 🙂